Sunday 27 July 2014

Breakfast to go in the Sydney CBD!

#BREAKFAST!

Something a bit different... I work in the City and so every morning I don't have time to grab breakfast so I usually like to buy breakfast for those longggg days ahead. Bacon and Egg rolls are my to-go breakfasts on the go (or if I'm sitting in, I like to get Eggs Benedict or Big breakfast =D) Anyways, I've been to a fair share of cafes which are open early in the City and I've compiled a short list of cafe's I've been to and it's just a brief quickie on what I think about each place. Enjoy! =D

Ps: I only have photos of the Bacon and Egg rolls of 2 cafes, I'll try and upload new photos for the other cafes! =)

Liquidz Cafe + Small bar - cnr Bathurst & Kent st



#Ratemebaby!

Bacon: Crispy and Delicious!
Egg: Oozey and Crispy rims!
Bun: Soft and Fresh!

Price: $5.50 (or with coffee $6.50)
++ Overall: 3.5 nomnoms out of 5!

The ratings aren't as good as what it potentially can be because they're not very consistent with their food. I am not exaggerating, I got a bacon and egg roll and about 5 minutes after I ordered another one for a friend (I swear it was for a friend!) and mine came out perfect (as shown above) whilst his one had a flat focaccia bun and the egg was slightly overcooked and that's happened to me before where I get crappy ones and then I have days when its really good! You know me and my yearning for consistencies with food places, it really makes a big difference with the quality and it's embarassing if you go to a place to eat and the food is AWESOME and nekminit when you bring a friend with you another day, the food tastes like crap D: soo embarassing (happened to me sooo many timess!)


CQ Cafe - Alfred St, Circular Quay

#Ratemebaby!

Bacon: Slightly Dry and Fried!
Egg: Slightly oozey - 90% cooked through!
Bun:  Small, Fresh and toasted!

Price: $6.00 
++ Overall3 nomnoms out of 5!

As you would know by now, the ratings aren't that good for here because the food isn't made fresh when ordered. The food is usually pre-made and left on display in the hot food place and then when people order it, they put it into the toastie and heat it uppp! Which is totally fine especially if you're on the go. When you do go there, don't expect too much from the people serving you, their attitudes aren't exactly the best (if you see other reviews on them, you'll understand) but its a get-in-get-out type of place so don't dwell on it too much haha. They also have fruit juice here which is ahh-mazing because you cant find any fruit juice places around the Circular Quay area. 

TIP: Get Mango, Watermelon and Apple Juice! It's sooo niceee and refreshing!   


Farma  - Townhall Square


#Ratemebaby!

Bacon: Chopped up... Normal Pan Fried Bacon!
Egg: Oozey... 75% cooked through..
Bun: Big and Fresh LOL!

Price: $6.50 (for the B&E roll, extra $3 for spinach)
++ Overall: 2.8 nomnoms out of 5!

They have a similar takeaway system where they have the food pre-made and then they toast it back up for you when you order it! The customer service here isn't exactly friendly, maybe its cause its early morning and they aren't morning people... The girl who served me, broke my egg and I saw the egg oozing out as she was making my roll because she was so aggressive LOL Felt like she stabbed my heart with a stake. The roll itself is really BIG and really filling so you'll be expecting a late lunch! I got spinach thinking it was going to be fresh spinach (just to lighten my breakfast abit) and it turned out to be hardcore oily stir-fried spinach which is okay... but it tastes like asian stir fried salty msg filled veges and I don't want that for breakfast =( #sadlife. Yeahh... so I paid $9.50 for the bacon and egg roll (as shown above) and it was really intense...  


Bakers Oven Cafe  - George St, The Rocks

#Ratemebaby!

Bacon: 2 layers of bacon with fried egg inbetweeen.... *droool*
Egg: Pan fried the st*t out of it LOL but theres 2 layers of egg!
Bun: Fresh Foccacia bread BEST BREAD EVAAAR! *i love bread =)*

Price: $6.50
++ Overall3.5 nomnoms out of 5!

This little cafe is pretty good overall. I don't like it how they over cook the egg and also how they have 2 layers of bacon and egg ( I know! The more the merrier but not for breakfast!) BUT! I keep coming back for the bread because it's so fresh and delicious and I can't get enough of it! They have GREAT customer service and they always great you with a smile and always really friendly and they have a great memory for their customers (I guess the rocks isn't really that big to begin with haha). They are a bit slow with service which is fine, they do get quite busy in the morning and obviously they do coffee as well so that's something you can look into as well when you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment